Sunday, November 21, 2010

Lab Dynamics

Having a bit of a difficult time in the lab recently, so this is a bit ranty.

The undergraduate in our lab messed up.  He over amplified the signal, causing roll off, which causes the high energy signals to be chopped off into small energy signals.  Dr. Miller and I spent all of Thursday and Friday trying to figure out why we had so many low neutron count until I checked the measurement.  So I had to miss UOA Nationals redoing his work.  Not very happy about that.

I am also supposed to get 20 samples sometime tomorrow to analyze before Thanksgiving.  At 15 minutes apiece its only 5 hours, but I am still bitter about it.  They better not require more than 300s count times . . .

Finally, Neel and I have been at logger heads.  Conclusion:  make your own damn slides.  Why do I send you the information if you are not going to look at it?

No comments:

Post a Comment