 |
| Lighthouse at Long Beach |
I'll posted them mostly in the order of which they were done. The first thing I did before the workshop started was to go to the pacific ocean. I wanted to say that I swam in both oceans, but there wasn't a beach so I settled for getting my feet wet. I decided except for the park on the tip Long Beach is not an attractive part of the greater LA Metropolis.
We also had our own little espresso machine at the workshop, so I played around with making patterns in the espresso. Kinda had to use a folding action to get it looking somewhat decent, and it was easier to do if the coffee base was thicker. My best creation is below - I really wanted to make a dragon but couldn't figure out how to.
 |
| My Espresso Swirl |
DISNEY LAND (actually Downtown Disney) HAS A LEGO STORE! They had design contest for free sets every hour and I entered. I was the only person above 8 on my team (the teams were randomly selected) and we had a great replica of the Effel Tower (complete with a building sketch) before Tomas acidently broke the entire structure working on the top - I had a hard time stepping the blocks in and keeping it stable.
 |
| This was great |
My flight left late Saturday Night so I spent the day exploring other parts of LA. I spent my lunch time in the Hollywood area / walk of fame, and then took the metro back to Pershing Square / Bunker Hill / Real Sketchy Neighborhood were they taped your bag shut before you went into stores.
 |
| Only on TV for minutes! |
No comments:
Post a Comment