Tuesday, December 6, 2011

MCNPX simulations

The problem with MCNPX (or with any simulation) is that while it may pass one check it doesn't mean that the simulation is correct.  My neutrons aren't working with boron (can't figure out the reaction card for the boron 10 capture reaction, and the total reactions gives results 4x higher than observed, but hey, we don't use boron any way), and for some reason MCNPX is producing a bunch of photon that we don't see (probably because I tried to get real clever with the geometry cards).

I have my last presentation tomorrow.  It's a group project.  I hate group projects.  I hate trying to read other's code, and trying to debug it.  I don't care what we put in the slides, but this is going to be the background of the last slide.
Who could ask a question about neutronics looking at that?

Enough complaining.  In a little over a week I go home! And David's back from Wales!

No comments:

Post a Comment