I was following the twitter feed of CMU ultimate last weekend at Queen city and was surprised by the number of runs in their games. It might not have been real (old folks have bad memories), but I decided to look at my stats from the UT games in terms of score progression.
The above busy little graph shows the progression of score for various UT games. A good game for a team is like "The Program's" game against us - we only scored 3 points. A bad game is the UCF game, where UCF scored 7 points in a row.
I think this gives a pretty good idea of how your O and D lines perform; over many games you want to be in the lower right rather than the upper left, and you definitely do not want vertical streaks, they signify a large number of O line breaks.
Maybe if I get bored (I told myself I was going to write my master thesis this weekend; I even got a bottle of scotch) I will mine Pitt's twitter feed to see how a good team performs.

No comments:
Post a Comment