Originally the site was supposed to be a playing field, but I think the amount of rebar (some county worker must have really ruined his spindles when he tried to mow it) in the dirt inhibited it, and now it just has crushed stone over it, so probably turning into a parking lot.
I would also like to take this time to present my ankle biter of a rock wall.
I'll be the first to admit that it's not some of my better masonry work (I'm not David), but it's serviceable. I should have really looked around more for better rocks - Ijams is an old quarry site so I probably could have afforded to be picky. Hopefully next week I'll fill behind the wall and plant some native stuff flowers. The idea is to guide people along the trail that leads to quarry kilns.
I would also like to take this time to present my ankle biter of a rock wall.
I'll be the first to admit that it's not some of my better masonry work (I'm not David), but it's serviceable. I should have really looked around more for better rocks - Ijams is an old quarry site so I probably could have afforded to be picky. Hopefully next week I'll fill behind the wall and plant some native stuff flowers. The idea is to guide people along the trail that leads to quarry kilns.


No comments:
Post a Comment