Monday, November 11, 2013

Friday Finals

Firstly, I know y'all have been wondering if my IM championship streak ended.  After being broken / scored on in the first point of all of our games, the men's and co-ed got their act together to prevent being scored on again until the second half of all of the games (the second halves were lefty and inverts). I am stilled tied with Fong for the best record at UT, 31-0 (probably because Fong and I are always on the same team). I think I will stay another semester so I can create another team to beat his during the finals.

Secondly, DC is still one of my favorite cities.  Perhaps it is because I have never been there where it is icky outside.  ANS is always a weird conference, it seems to be less science oriented than IEEE TNS, but it always provides for some good moments. People are very passionate about their energy choices.  In the morning session a Senator (I forget who) told us that the US would be energy sustainable in 10 years - all by the wonders of natural gas.  One of the panelist did make a good point; that is that natural gas has the US reduce the carbon dioxide by (I think 8%) by removing coal.

Thirdly, I defend on Friday - you are gonna want to attend. There will be animal crackers and juice; with the benefit the audience gets to try and trip me up! What could be a better usage of your time?

No comments:

Post a Comment