The Navy Ninja's under my leadership suffered a disappointing overtime loss to Timmy Pobst's Ron Burgundy last night. I could not fill Ben Nanny's shoes. However, for the most part it was a pretty spirited and well played game. We went down two breaks off the start as we were looking for our rhythm (Ben is usually a primary cutter / handler), but then the big guns went out and stopped the bleeding. After some nice 2-3-2 zone work we ended up getting the breaks back, coming out of half on serve. In the second half fatigue hit our two ladies, but we managed to keep a pretty even keel. We were up 14-13 (game to 17) when Ron Burgundy went on a three point run. I decided to call people off at summer league (I felt like a jerk, but I did not want to lose to Ron Burgundy) and put on a good line; we got the O and then two breaks to make it 17-16. We didn't get get the break on the next point, allowing R.B. to tie at 17's. On the next offensive point I floated a shot too much, making it 17-18 R.B. On game point R.B. Adam Holt threw the turn and R.B. scored, ending the game 19-17. Gahhh.
At least we didn't show our hand.
No comments:
Post a Comment