Friday, September 13, 2013

Weekly Update

So Sectionals came and went, bring with it a torrent of disappoint with a glimmer of hope - Voodoo almost took Tanasi out of regionals. Thus end Voodooo (SE).

Research has been going pretty well in that I have been making some good (but very tedious) measurements of a natural uranium setup mimicking a fuel cast.  So I have been productive, even to the point that I finally sat down and updated my resume / created a CV. Time to get real about jobs!

The Friday Afternoon Project was looking at the correlation between football programs (judged by their rankings) and academic programs for public universities. Not that higher ranked football programs attract higher caliber students, but rather when football teams do well students are generally happier.  In any case I learned that since UTK started its quest to become a top 25 research institution it has actually dropped in rankings. Go Vols!

No comments:

Post a Comment