Sunday, September 19, 2010

September 19, 2010

Yesterday I played my first tournament with Agent Orange.  First game was against Chain Lighting, a nationals caliber team.  We got bageled.  I played 5 points, and in all of the points I touched the disc and didn't throw a turn, which I consider a success. 

Next we played Duel, another Atlanta based team.  We lost by 5 or so; and I played more (lots of D and a couple O points).  I had one throw away where I looked away from my dump, but in all fairness I gave him from stall 4 to 8, and the on 8 I decided to take the 50/50 upfield. 

UT needs to work on handler spacing.  A guy gets on stall 6 or so, and then all of the handlers collapsed on him with the cutters coming in to help.  The thrower then has no space to throw with all of the defenders now there; it is much easier to throw to space when you have 10 yards or space than 2 yards.  Takes a little restraint for the O players to trust the dump to do his job.

UT becomes a very angry team when they are losing. I don't like it, and I think it doesn't help them.  Some people can channel their anger; they can't.  They also tighten their rotation.  I can see why you want your stars on the field, but after being down 3 breaks I think that it is time to do something different.

It is weird how UT makes much of the same mistakes as Yuk did (or does, but hopefully not). 

No comments:

Post a Comment