Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Ultimate at UT

Playing ultimate at UT is a lot different than Yuk.  Quite simply, UT likes to huck while CMU doesn't really do that.  Not saying that they won't work it under, but they will look off an open in cut for a 75% completion on a huck.  UT also has a lot more deep ball type guys than Yuk, so it makes sense.

They also do their tryouts weirdly.  Every Friday is a mixed scrimmage, but Monday and Wednesday practices are separate.  Everybody that is new is automatically on B.  In theory if you play well on Friday's scrimmages you can get placed on A, but nobody on B has had that happen yet.  I have been beating guys in all the time, and do a pretty good job forcing the guy I am covering to cut in.  I believe I have been playing better than some of there current A members, but who knows?

With Yuk (from my perspective) tryouts were done assuming you where on A until you were cut.  UT is the opposite.  I don't know which system is better.

In somewhat related news, I am happy that Brandon made regionals with Iron Man, I think it is well deserved.  Congratulations to both Iron Man and Dire Wolf.

No comments:

Post a Comment