Monday, October 18, 2010

Itchfest 2010

This weekend I played at Itchfest 2010, and a delightful time was had by all.  I didn't have any spectacular plays (I did have a very nice layout of O and a D that I got my finger on but knocked it closer to my guy), but I felt that I did a good job of team D.  On O I played alright - I completed a flick huck, handled against a zone for a point (until someone else turned it), and generally had good cuts.

Points of Improvement:

  • I need to work on staying in my position in a H-stack
  • Continue to work on looking upfield.  I noticed that as the games get tighter I look upfield less.
  • Pop-out throws.  They were generally a little behind the guy, and slighly wobbly.
  • Catching slightly below the waist.  I had a drop in the endzone and a drop in practice today where I tried to crab catch and both times I had a drop with the disc hitting my hands.   I either need to take a knee, or practice pancaking / crab catching below the waist.  Carb catching below the waist sounds really, really dirty.

2 comments:

  1. I think below the wait, clap catch is usually the best option. In that weird below-the-chest-but-above-the-waist area, I usually try to shift my whole body down so it becomes a chest-height crab/lobster catch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that, below the waist and above the knees is one of the most annoying places to catch. Choosing between dropping to the ground and trying to lobster-claw in real time is no fun. I usually end up lobster-clawing, but also cursing whoever threw it. Pancaking where I have to wrench around one or both of my wrists usually ends badly for me.

    ReplyDelete