I am a pro at become distracted by side projects. In any case it is very similar to the coffee cup model, expect that the temperatures will switch. Each simulation just brings more questions, namely:
- What happens if their is condensation of the outside? How much energy does it take to for the condensation? Is the convection more efficient for a film of water compared to silica glass?
- Can I add ice cubes?
- How does this compare to experimental data?
- What are the effects of different geometries? Would the cup that we (Zilla, Nate, plus other) actually be more effective?
Check out the results for a rather simple cup:
 |
| Linear Heat Loss - Convection is proportional to the temperature difference |
 |
| All of the heat flux is through the top of the glass |
 |
| I see an ear. |
No comments:
Post a Comment