Yesterday's summer league games was one of the worst for our team. The team we played was better than most (top 3 I would say), and I tried to be aggressive up-field when I handled. At points less than 50% of my throws were caught. It was frustrating because they weren't bad decisions, just bad decisions for that particular cutter. And then the old person on our team berated me for not looking at him as a dump and throwing too much away when he is never in position for a dump - evidently I am supposed to make eye contact with him about stall 3, give him until stall 7 to try and get open; but why not take the first shot down-field?
There were lots of situations where I caught a deep ball and threw it away near the goal line. I would normally look back for the dump, but I wanted to see what would happen. It seems dumb to waste the one on one match up, but I think in those cases where you can float the throw anywhere I needed to have a receiver who would read the throw. A lot of my receievers tried to catch my loop around to the back come on the front cone and couldn't come up with the height; but I thought they would have lost the foot race to the front cone.
In any case I am trying out for Voodoo (Knoxville's Open Team) where I will get to be a cutter with handlers that I can rely on. I still want to work on upfield handling at summer league though.
No comments:
Post a Comment