I made Voodoo! Evidently it's cool to have the same name as another team in ultimate. . . though when I asked about this I was told that Knoxville played Voodoo NW for it at one time and won. Not sure if this is a good decision or a bad one. I don't like the idea of playing on a team with tryouts but still being bad, and the current talent is looking only slightly better than Steel Reserve. Tryout teams just make it seem more important, but Knoxville doesn't have the personal - all of the good players are willing to drive the 3 hrs to Atlanta for Chain or are playing with Tanasi (Nashville based).
I am finding Summer League frustrating. The worst is the miscommunication throw aways - I expect a certian cut to be made and throw it to that space, but the cutter decides that he didn't want to make that cut after all. Our team has even developed our own Jeremiah, (old guy who plays bad ultimate), and I find it really frustrating. We also have two other people that like to pretend they know strategy and keep trying to impart their wisdom upon me. Just become hard to have fun when you have to deal with personnel gibberish.
Sick dude! See you at Swill in the Ville?
ReplyDeleteAbout summer league, I always feel like those are the situations to work on personal stuff. Like concentrate on playing shutdown defense, or practice looking for the deep shot rather than the in throw. And there's always the conditioning test: run your man's ass off and see how many times in one point you can get the disc (and repeat next point).
If I don't see you at Swill, see you at Wildwood!
Sweet, I will see you at Swill.
ReplyDeleteI meant more getting along with players on my team; I have been using summer league to work on my handling skills / field vision.
Oh, and don't mention Wildwood to others on my team; I am skipping the Summer League finals to attend Wildwood.