Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas

David and I examining our boat
I got a boat?
Actually David and I got a boat to share.  No idea what to do with it.  Thinking about cutting the back off of it and making it into a giant sled to pull behind the truck.  Or maybe fastening a sail unto it and sailing down Wisser's the hill in Wisser's heifer pasture.*

Urffer Christmas
My family are a suckers for tradition.  Every year on christmas eve we all write letters to Santa and put them out on the kitchen table.  Then Mother reads us "The Polar Express".  On christmas day my Father always has to go downstairs "first" (now sometimes the bigger kids help with the turkeys before Eli is awake) to make sure Santa came.  Then we all line up on the stairs (youngest to oldest) for a quick portrait, and file into the kitchen to see what we got in our stockings.

Opening presents is also a huge ordeal.  Everybody has their spot to sit in the great room (I sit next to David near the snacks) and Samuel passes out the presents.  We open them one at a time, youngest to oldest in many rounds.  Takes a very long time.  After that is done we usually go outside and do something (I can't stand being inside for that long of a time).  Some time later we have a big Christmas dinner, and that is that.

*It was free alongside the road, and Father wanted the trailer that the boat was on.

No comments:

Post a Comment