 |
| Paradoxical Germans |
On the way up from Tennessee I stopped in DC to visit a friend in DC. I (and hopefully he) had lots of fun. On Wednesday (December 15) we attempted to drink a beer from each continent. We tried very hard but couldn't find an African beer, an Australian beer (the restaurant was going out of business and didn't have its New Zeland or even Fosters) on an Antarctic beer. On Thursday I toured the city. I decided that in order to be a suave urbanite I need to learn how to tolerate scarves. Currently I think that they are one of the world's silliest and uncomfortable garments (who puts something deliberately around their neck?), but they seemed to be all the rage in DC.
 |
USSR & USA same range
and payload missle |
Notable Events:
- Skilfully navigating DC Metro after first putting my card into the out part, putting it in upside down, and finally putting it in the correct way
 |
| Model of an Aircraft as mass on a spring |
- Walking to the Smithsonian without getting lost
- Destroying little kids at questions during a demo at the Air and Space Museum
- Eating a lot of wasbi peas
 |
| Hope Diamond |
 |
| Cello Face |
In the museums I visited I would have liked for there to be more indepth information. They crystal section of natural history museum was fascinating; but it could have been a lot better it they showed what lattice structure the crystal was. There was a whole section in the aerospace about CFD; it would have been nice to learn about some CFD techniques. There is just so much science there.
No comments:
Post a Comment