The last few days have not been my day. On Thursday I woke up early to help mother in the bakery. David came down later to get breakfest, and in true David fashion started being annoying - I was rolling out bear claw dough, and he would put holes in it and mess it up. So I took the flour scope and flicked flour at him, but he dodged it and I ended up getting it all over the refigrator and my mother. She was not happy. Later that day I bashed my nose (still have the scape), had the piece of metal I was drilling swing around and hit my thumb, and managed to mess up an order.
Friday was a similar mess with me falling off my ladder thinning (resulting in a large scrape on my chest), messing up some cakes in the bakery, and other calamities. I did, however, make dinner on time at 5 p.m. (served beets, potatoes, salad, and sausage) and drove David, Issac, and Esther to Issac's graduation. David and I did our best to embarrass Issac and Esther by having dance parties in the car to other peoples jams and waving to everyone we saw. Also, my car smells bad.
Today I thinned twice, getting two of the big rows down (9 more to go, plus the big trees, plus Howard's, plus the new trees). We worked in the cooler, trying to figure out the lights. I also helped Gehman unload half a load of hay. I like to unload hay or straw, plus the conversation was good. We talked about the price of milk, the size of bales and how balers work, and why the hell I got a physics degree.
No comments:
Post a Comment