Tuesday, June 29, 2010

June 28th, 2010

Visited UT today and met with my new adviser, Dr. Miller.  Seems that I will be characterizing the response of scintillator materials.  At the moment the project doesn't make much sense, but it was a lot of information in one day.  I have always hated that feeling when you start a job and you are presented with more information that you can processes.  Tomorrow I get to do some science, take some measurements!

In driving through the Shenandoah Valley, I realized how pretty it is.  I think that I will take Skyline Drive home for a little bit rather than 81 N.  If I take Skyline though, I can't visit the birthplace of Cyrus McCormick, or make Esther jealous by seeing Eastern Mennonite University before she does.  (Esther is a crazy kid sometimes).

I also hate nice hotels; they don't provide you with a free continental breakfast, and the 'High Speed Internet' is always slower than home.  Probably because they the internet goes through a proxy.  I wonder what information the proxy collected . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment