We finished up thinning rows 1-11 yesterday, and only have a row to finish of the big trees and the small trees at Pappy's before Howard's Orchard. Hopefully we will be finished thinning by the Fourth of July, though I will be at UT next week so they will be missing there best thinner. (It's true - I am very good with my snips. I cut Esther's finger yesterday.)
We are extending the macadam at Pappy's to the barn, and had to move the wood pile. As the picture on the left shows, the mice ate the bark off of a lot of the smaller apple wood pieces. It was amazing; I didn't know bark had that much nutrients in it. I knew you could make teas from it (the best tea I ever had was birch tea from bark while camping), but the mice were not making tea.
I was listening to Southren Cross (CSN) today, and it got stuck in my head. I used to spend a lot of time gazing at the stars, I need to get back to that. I also realized today how much Pittsburgh sucks because it didn't have fireflies and fields. Perhaps I am not a sophisticated urbanite.
Murph, I saw fireflies this weekend outside our house. Pittsburgh sucks, but not because of a lack of fireflies.
ReplyDelete