Saturday, July 10, 2010

July 10th, 2010

It started to rain yesterday with scattered showers! This morning it was raining! The first rain day of the summer; I enjoy rain days!It also made the Winne the Pooh rain song stuck in my head.

However, it seems that my life hates me, and once I begin to have fun I am sent off elsewhere. So I couldn't enjoy my rain day, I was sent to the farmers market my father usually does so he could prepare the brooder house for poults.

I am an excellent salesman. I give more information about the fruit than they ever wanted to hear (I sometimes include the rootstock of the tree) and I am very willing to please. Free samples on everything. A lady told me “you keep smiling, you will do fine”, which I am still not sure how to take. I also don't know any of the prices (I refuse to learn them) so I make up prices, which tend to be low. Two of the regular customers corrected me today, telling me that the real price was higher. Old folks and their honesty.

I also completed a nice run, and took a sweet ice bath. The one hill around 5.5 miles is a real dozzy, but I got such a nice feeling when I got to the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment