UT is a very, very different place than CMU. It is surprising for how large a university it is how much computer labs they don't have. Perhaps I don't know enough about UT to accurately compare, but at UT there are ~60 printers, and at CMU there are 22. At CMU there are 23 computer clusters, at UT there are 22. UT also doesn't offer UNIX support.
I haven't actually started doing lab work yet, and it is starting to annoy me. The NE department is holding mini-course days, so Dr. Miller is unavailable. Just been doing some readings.
I am working on making my apartment amazing. I bought a sweet desk for $20 that has a purple top. It is awesome!
I have had to drastically cut back the miles I have been running. I tried to run last evening, but only made it about two miles before dying. This morning I got in three before dying. I need to drink a lot more water than I am used too - with humidity yesterday's high was 104 F, and today's is supposed to be 105 F. Just not used to running in this type of heat and humidity.
No comments:
Post a Comment