Sunday, August 1, 2010

August 1st, 2010

Due to a long change of events stemming from my inability to read, I don't start at Tennessee this week.  Dr. Miller graciously allowed me to start next week.

It is good because then I don't have to drive back to PA on Friday and can help my family get ready for Katie's wedding, but bad that I have to help with Katie's wedding.  I was hoping to avoid all that silliness.  Shame fruit doesn't pick itself - taking the three days off for the wedding means a lot of fruit picking.

Yesterday David and I went and hung out with Art in the evening.  He says the darnedest things.  (Background: Art is my uncle who worked with my father on the turkey farm - we used to work with him during the summers.  He lives in the next house down from ours.)  The best quote was when he was trying to tell us that he is all over the place saying "I am like a fly; I don't know what pile of shit I want to lay my eggs on first".   Told us of his pond follies (he killed his catfish when he poisoned the algae), and how someone put an add in the PennyPower saying they found a rabbit, when he had let the ones he was raising loose.  He is good to talk and joke with - never takes anything to seriously.  It was refreshing perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment